The E-flite F-18 Hornet 80mm EDF features an all-new design that combines Extra Scale details and functional features with fantastic performance and easy handling to deliver an unmatched flying experience!
AN EXCEPTIONAL FLYING EXPERIENCE
Designed by McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) and Northrop, the F/A-18 Hornet is used by the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps as both a fighter and an attack platform. Air forces of several other nations fly the F-18 as well. This replica has been modeled after the F/A-18D two-seat variant, operated primarily by the U.S. Marine Corps in night attack and Forward Air Controller (Airborne) [FAC(A)] roles. The trim and color scheme are taken from the U.S. Marine All-Weather Fighter Attack Squadron 242 – the "Bats" – based in Iwakuni, Japan. An all-new design for experienced RC pilots, the E-flite® F-18 Hornet 80mm EDF provides an exceptional flying experience highlighted by an abundance of Extra Scale details and functional scale features including factory-installed LED lights, full-flying stabs, operational flaps and more!
- The best handling high-performance F-18 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and other forces
- Extra Scale details including removable ordnance and tanks, painted landing gear, molded-in panel lines and more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED lights, full-flying stabs, flaps, main and nose gear doors
- V2 12-blade 80mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC
- Fits a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000-7000mAh to deliver class-leading flight times
- Spektrum™ AR636 6-channel receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Ten factory-installed metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Electric retracts with scale painted shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Two-piece wing that bolts into place and a magnetically secured nose cone
- Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
- Factory-applied VMFA(AW)-242 "Bats" squadron finish
- Extremely durable, fully molded EPO airframe
HIGH-PERFORMANCE, EASY HANDLING HORNET
The E-flite® F-18 Hornet 80mm EDF features an all-new design with the size, scale details, functional features and performance to deliver an unmatched flying experience. With 6S LiPo power its V2 12-blade 80mm fan, high-RPM brushless inrunner motor and 100A ESC deliver fantastic performance with virtually instantaneous throttle response. This power system also provides better performance and longer flight times than the 6S-compatible power systems used in larger models — plus it offers a turbine-like sound! An abundance of Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines and hatches, removable ordnance and drop tanks, a pilot figure and more take the appearance to another level. Functional Extra Scale features include LED navigation lights, full-flying stabs and operational flaps, plus retracts and sequenced gear doors. It's also equipped with the most scale-like landing gear of any F-18 EDF model yet, and the shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts are painted white for an even more realistic appearance. Constructed of durable, fully-molded EPO material, no glue is required for assembly and it can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
Needed to Complete
- Full-range 6-7+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
- 6S 22.2V 4000–7000mAh 30+C LiPo with EC5™ or IC5™ Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
What's in the Box?
- (1) E-flite® F-18 80mm EDF with:
- (1) 100A Brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Inrunner Motor (installed)
- (10) Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ AR636 6-Channel Receiver (installed)