The 1/8 scale TYPHON™ 4X4 3S BLX RTR delivers power, strength, style — and 50+ mph potential speeds. It’s now better than ever, with a Spektrum™ SLT3™ radio, Firma™ brushless motor, tougher chassis, more powerful steering servo and other upgrades.
- Spektrum™ Firma™ 3660 3200Kv brushless motor with Safe D pinion and ARRMA® heatsink and cooling fan
- Stronger chassis and retained hinge pin plates
- Steering with more clearance for stones
- Castellated slipper pad and sliding gear mesh
- Ready to Run (RTR) completion level is fully assembled and includes everything needed besides batteries and a charger.
In The Box
- (1) ARRMA® TYPHON™ 4X4 3S BLX 1/8 Scale 4WD Electric Speed Buggy RTR
- (1) BLX100 2S/3S Waterproof* ESC
- (1) Spektrum™ Firma™ 3660 3200Kv Brushless Motor
- (1) Spektrum™ 2.4GHz SLT3™ 3-Channel Transmitter
- (1) Spektrum™ SLR300 Receiver
- (1) Spektrum™ SPMS651 Waterproof* Metal-Geared Digital Servo
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete
- (1) 2S LiPo or 3S Hardcase LiPo Battery
- (1) Compatible Charger
- (4) AA Batteries
- LiPo Safe Charging BagFeaturesStronger chassis and retained hinge pin platesSteering with more clearance for stonesCastellated slipper pad and sliding gear meshPlastic locknut for slipper23T Spline servo saver37T 1.35Mod diffs with silicone O-ringsPower Module with sliding gear mesh and improved dirt managementRubber shielded bearings throughoutOil-filled shocks with silicone O-ringsTough gunmetal colored multi-spoke wheelsVented multi-terrain dBoots® 2-HO™ tiresBLX100 2S/3S waterproof* ESC*For details on waterproof standards, refer to the instruction manual.IC5™ connectors (EC5™) compatibleSignature easy-access modular designEasy-access power moduleEasy-access electronics moduleEasy-access diff module removal front and rearDouble wishbone suspension front and rearMetal-geared differentialsAdjustable ride heightAdjustable body mountsAdjustable turnbucklesHigh-speed center driveshaft supportHigh downforce wing2-year limited warranty (see website for details)50+ MPH (80+ km/h) speed achievable in optimum driving conditions on 3S LiPoOverviewMaking your move into brushless 1/8 scale Speed Buggy action has never been easier. Fast, rugged and factory-built, the 3S LiPo-compatible ARRMA® TYPHON™ 4X4 3S BLX RTR comes ready out of the box to bash on any terrain. Precision aluminum, tough steel and composite materials come together for an easy-to-maintain, super-durable vehicle design whose high downforce wing and low center of gravity, with wide arms and narrow wheels and tires, improve handling over race tracks, trails, muddy courses, skate parks and more. This version features new equipment that further increases the original buggy’s already impressive performance and durability.The TYPHON™ 4X4 3S BLX RTR is DESIGNED FAST, DESIGNED TOUGH — built for exciting bashing speeds and extreme, all-terrain durability. New features that enhance its unstoppable performance include a stronger chassis and retained hinge pin plates; steering with more clearance for stones; a castellated slipper pad and sliding gear mesh; and rubber-shielded bearings throughout.It also now includes a Spektrum™ SLT3™ transmitter and SLR300 receiver. The transmitter is ergonomically designed for long periods of fatigue-free bashing and has a foam wheel for precise fingertip control plus an improved hand grip and trigger feel. New bashers will be able to set throttle limits at 50% or 75% until they are ready to use the full speed potential. The SLT3™ is compatible with Tactic® SLT™ receivers to run other RTR vehicles you may own, and includes a third channel to control optional features such as lights and winches on models that have them.ARRMA® now powers the TYPHON 4X4 3S BLX with a brushless system featuring its BLX100 ESC and the Spektrum™ Firma™ 3200Kv brushless motor. The combination provides incredible torque, acceleration and speed. The transmission and chassis are ruggedly engineered to take full advantage of the electronics’ power — in ARRMA tradition, DESIGNED FAST, DESIGNED TOUGH.It has the ingenious modular design perfected by ARRMA® engineers for easy component access and maintenance. The power module, with improved dirt management, consists of the motor with ARRMA® heatsink and cooling fan, plus motor plate, slipper clutch assembly and gear cover. The power module can be detached from the chassis as a complete unit by removing just one screw. With the power module removed, the slipper clutch can be reached easily for adjustments by taking out three screws that attach the gear cover. The gear ratio can be finely tuned as the power module now uses a sliding motor mesh design.A two-piece molding screwed to the Speed Buggy’s chassis serves as its electronics module, containing a waterproof receiver box, servo mount and ESC tray. The SLR300 receiver mounts inside the receiver box for protection from dirt and moisture. The ultra-compact ESC is screwed to the top of the module, allowing quick access to the on/off switch, while the servo mounts to the side. All three components can be removed together, quickly and easily.The differential module houses each differential unit in an innovative yoke design. Only eight screws need to be removed to release the front and rear yokes. The power module can then be detached, allowing you to pivot the gearbox cases for differential access. The TYPHON™ 4X4 3S BLX RTR comes brushless-ready with 37T 1.35mod diffs with silicone O-rings. The large gears can withstand huge torque, and internal metal gears have been chosen for reliability during extreme bashing.Its full-time 4WD transmission uses strong front, rear, and centerline telescopic driveshafts that can’t be lost during heavy impacts, unlike dogbones. A simple, dependable, responsive steering assembly complements the ultra-reliable drive system and features a servo horn with built-in servo saver. The TYPHON™ 4X4 3S BLX RTR includes the waterproof Spektrum™ SPMS651 metal-geared digital servo for 15% more torque than the previous version’s ADS-7M servo.The self-bleeding, oil-filled shocks, now with silicone O-rings, use a tried and tested, coil-over design for simple maintenance and amazing handling. Their innovative rod-end has a molded-in spring perch for extra toughness. High chassis sides and a close-fitting buggy body limit the amount of dirt and debris that can get into the chassis tub. Front and rear bumpers offer defense against impacts.Tough gunmetal colored, multi-spoke wheels with vented dBoots® 2-HO™ tires give the 1/8 scale TYPHON™ 4X4 3S BLX RTR Speed Buggy effective traction for bashing on almost any terrain. With the metallic-finish body and forged composite detail, it also looks as great as it performs. A stylish, high-downforce wing keeps all four wheels planted as you explore the upper limits of its outrageous speed range.